Technology survey

Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Desk

I am mentoring a college student in my classroom. She was working on her paper for her behavior management class and had to describe what my classroom looked like. She stated that there was a lot of stuff on my desk and that was a good sign because I am spending a lot of time with my students so I don't have a lot of time to keep my desk perfectly clean. I like her way of thinking. My desk isn't super messy but I do have stacks of things and I know what is in those stacks. It is hard staying organized as a teacher but I do have a system even though it doesn't always look like it. If you asked me where a certain IEP was I could get it to you. I also have piles for what I need to get done, what is being done that week and work that students have missed. I have a folder for each student so I can write down notes, store papers, and put assignments in that they missed the day they were absent. If I didn't have these and other systems in place it would be very easy for me to lose things. I am not perfectly organized but I know how things would be if I didn't do what I do.

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I too have a student teacher this semester and he commented on my messy desk. I can tell exactly were everything is but if someone moves something I am in trouble. I was hoping to have some time while he is teaching to get caught up but that has not happened. I will get my desk cleaned sometime before summer break.

    ReplyDelete